Avon is one of the leading direct sales beauty companies in the world. Needless to say there are a lot of Reps.
How can an average Avon Representative stand apart from the others? Do you have what it takes to become a successful Avon sales representative?
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO STAND OUT AS AN AVON REP?
Avon continues to be an all-time company of choice for women when it comes to generating excellent leaders and creating incredible wealth. This is an outstanding achievement for the cosmetic giant, however just like most business opportunities nowadays, it is hard for representatives to market efficiently due to the lack of proper training, coaching, and confidence. If you are struggling as an Avon ambassador, then read on!
Use Pinterest to begin making your own beauty blog one that people remember.
When you pin on Pinterest, don’t just grab the photo from your Avon estore and repin it. Create a long PINTEREST graphic using the Pinterest dimensions on Canva.com.
Try and brand your pins with a logo that you create specifically for you. Use Canva to create a free logo as well.
I mention Canva often because they’re great for creating easy, simple and free marketing tools so that you can stand out online.
Stand out as a beauty expert first, Avon Rep second.
There’s so many Avon Reps marketing their business online. For that reason alone, it’s so important to find a way to stand out.
I was fortunate to attend Rep Fest this year in my hometown of New Orleans and it was indeed a magical experience.
My AvonNola Takeaway
What I took from that weekend was how we all may be sisters in Avon but we are also individuals with different talents and personalities.
Absolutely be your undeniable badd-ass self is what I’m saying.
If you’re a Christian Mom & Wife, don’t by afraid to shine in that love.
If you like to drink every weekend and play with the grandkids, do that times 10!
If cooking is your thing and you spend as much time looking up recipes as you do selling Avon, cook more and post more about it!
All I’m saying is that Avon is not your personal brand, you are!
How I chose to stand out in the Avon crowd
Check out Gorgeous Avon Reps on Instagram
I knew I wanted to stand out from the start of my Avon business. I’m pretty sure you’re feeling the same way. I took the fact that I was a single Mom and a woman of color and I found other moms and/or women of color to highlight as #gorgeousavonreps.
As a Mother, I just had a soft spot for moms and knew that the connection we had would be easy.
That was my way of standing out. Think about the beautiful ways you could connect to others like you and be creative with your approach, not salesy.
Following are some obstacles that lead to failure. They should be avoided.
- Your warm list (the people who know you and trust you) will not support you right away
- Trying to convince someone to join your business who clearly has a different mindset.
- Using multiple strategies and distracting yourself because you have not mastered even one of them.
- Pitching your business opportunity, people want a conversation not a sales pitch
- Treating this as a hobby and not a business.
One of the primary things that separates an average Avon representative from a successful one is the education in the different areas involved in the industry.
In order to educate yourself, it is recommended that you learn from those who are in the top 5% in this industry and utilize the tools that Avon provides. Think as the successful Avon representatives do and you will be successful. Network, lead, and learn on a regular basis and of course, eliminate the above mentioned obstacles and become an attractive marketer rather than a money-hungry sales representative.
Following are some ideas that will have prospects calling you off the hook in order to do business with you:
- Take advantage of the Internet and get your business online. (Use the free Google Listing)
- Don’t brand your business opportunity, brand yourself.
- Focus on those who have faith in the network marketing business model but are struggling and need help.
- Don’t try to master all the marketing strategies at once. Master one and generate at least ten leads consistently from that strategy. Then master another strategy and so on.
- Don’t wait for a lead to call you; pick up the phone and have a relationship building, fact finding conversation with them.
- Lead with value – people will come to like and trust you.
Once you build that relationship with your prospect, they will want to do business with you and trust your recruiting success tips as a successful Avon representative. Always remember that people don’t join network marketing companies, they join people. Learning to brand you first instead of your company opportunity will help you stand out from other representatives and pave the way for you to become a successful Avon brand ambassador. Start your journey here.
Get ready to embark on a journey where you’ll learn more about yourself than you ever knew!