Taking a break from makeup and getting into why this is the best insect repellent for active kids and adults.
40 Reasons Why Avon Bug Guard Is The Best Insect Repellent
- It comes in pump spray, aerosol, towelettes, and lotion.
- Family size pump spray available
- Repels mosquitoes for 8 hours
- Repels deer ticks for 10 hours
- 2-in-1 repellent with 28 SPF & 30 SPF
- Dermatologist tested, deet free and paba-free
- Contains Vitamin E
- Protects against deer ticks, gnats, no-seeums, sand flies, black flies and biting midges
- Repels deer ticks that carry lime disease
- Itch spray provides relief from insect bites
- Bug Guard also protects against mosquitoes that carry the Zika virus
- Water resistant
- Insect repellent towelettes make TSA travel easier
- Over 20K 5-star rated reviews
- Repels mosquitoes that transmit West Nile virus
- Cheaper than most brands
- Towelettes are oil-free
- Towelettes last for 8 hours
- Low odor
- Light, clean scent
- Absorbs quickly
- Can be used on some farm animals (horses etc)
- Safe for all ages (by customer reviews)
- Best repellent for people who are allergic to mosquito bites
- Customer reviews say it has no residue feeling
- No harsh chemical feel or smell
- Safe to use after a shower for even better results (applying on open pores)
- Sweat Proof for gardening and active kids
- Can be used on the face (apply manually and keep away from eyes)
- Protects on those who have hairy body parts (legs, arms, chest, back)
- Has been reported to kill ants
- Can be used on household pets (customers reported using on family dog)
- Easy to pack towelettes when camping or fishing
- Rated most effective insect repellent
- Voted top 5 of the best odorless insect repellents by NY Magazine
- Voted #1 by Mom’s on over 20 Blogs Online
- I use it, love it, and endorse it.
I always knew that Avon Skin So Soft was the OG (original gangsta) of clean scented insect repellent. What I didn’t know was that Avon had gone even further and created a line of repellent specifically made for repelling insects and no-seeums.
The first summer I used the aerosol Bug Guard w/ SPF28, I was pretty much hooked. This was and is my all time favorite and best insect repellent. It smelled nice, did the job, and provided sunscreen as well. Browse some of the most popular styles of Bug Guard and make sure to read the reviews.
*Side note: The Bug Guard wipes seem to be the least favorite according to reviews. Although you could probably make your own with baby wipes and a few spritzes of the pump spray.